The Conservative Plan to Address Canada’s Housing Affordability Crisis
The Conservative Party of Canada has a comprehensive and effective plan to address Canada’s Housing Affordability Crisis.
We will increase the rate of home construction to build a million homes over the next three years and make homes more affordable by:
- Reviewing the extensive real estate portfolio of the federal government – the largest property owner in the country with over 37,000 buildings – and releasing at least 15 per cent for homes.
- Requiring municipalities receiving federal funding for public transit to increase density near the funded transit
- Encouraging Canadians to invest in rental homes by allowing the deferral of capital gains tax when selling a rental property
- Banning foreign investors from buying homes here if they are not planning to live in or move to Canada
- Encouraging foreign investment in affordable purpose-built rental housing for Canadians.
- Providing more Canadians with a path to homeownership by making it easier for more families to get a mortgage.
- Being a reliable partner in addressing the housing needs of Indigenous communities and will implement a ‘For Indigenous, By Indigenous’ home strategy.
If you want your government to secure a future where you and your family can afford a home that meets your needs, you have one choice: Canada’s Conservatives.
Secure the future, help elect Erin O’Toole’s Conservatives and get Canada’s economy back on track.